Archive for the ‘consciousness’ tag
Neil Kramer is an English writer and philosopher specializing in the fields of consciousness, metaphysics, shamanism, and ancient mystical disciplines. He steps off the edge in a wonderful wide-ranging interview exploring such mindful topics as:
- What is syncromysticism and how does science view it compared to astrology?
“The art of it is tracking relationships to see what it tells you about the universe and about yourself”
- Is consciousness more than the reducible deterministic events of biochemistry?
- Mind as a non-local awareness transceiver
- What are consensus reality tunnels and who is creating yours?
- Creativity and how we tap into something higher than ourselves
- The electric chair of truth?
- ‘As above, So below’ or ‘As within, So without’; the inseparability of imagination from reality
- “What is put forth as reality is such a paltry, pathetic sliver of existence that it is a disgrace really that people accept that as the whole thing”
- Earths’ stalled process of ascension and the majesty of what is possible
- Refusing to live in-authentically – aka letting the universe see you
- Understanding the construct and why we get a Deep Joy from De-Normalizing
- How powerful conscious individuals can shape reality
- Reading is hard? Not Neils essays: The Path of One and So What?
- How to expand your capabilities to build a more harmonious environment where everyone prospers instead of the few?
The episode title comes from a riff off a Terrence McKenna quote that compares humans to fishes – only one of which is seemingly aware of the environment in which they exist (Check out The World and it’s Double in The Salon #295 and #296). Our conversation generally stepped off the edge towards the phiosophic side of the spectrum. To offer somewhat of a counterpoint to those moments where we were ragging on science for its’ inability to map the various complexities of consciousness, I wrap up the episode with some consciousness-related concepts from the history of scientific study in Larry Lowe’s great article Apollo 14 plus 41: The unexpected benefit of Edgar Mitchell and the preface from a book that has something of a syncromystic connection for Neil and I: An Experiment with Time by J.W. Dunne.
According to Gregg Braden, [best-selling author bridging science and spirituality,] people around the world are sensing that we have entered a time that is unlike any other time in history. More often than not, people say that they feel like something has begun and has yet to complete, or they are waiting for the other shoe to drop. It will be bigger than 9/11 and the war in Iraq. People sense a low level tension indicating that something big is about to happen, and although we may not realize it consciously, we are in some way preparing for whatever that is.
We are living in a time of great change. We are seeing measurable parameters that are changing and appear to be converging. For example, the magnetic fields of the earth are in rapid decline right now.
(Thanks to Lou.)
John Perkins has lived four lives: as an economic hit man (EHM); as the CEO of a successful alternative energy company, who was rewarded for not disclosing his EHM past; as an expert on indigenous cultures and shamanism, a teacher and writer who used this expertise to promote ecology and sustainability while continuing to honor his vow of silence about his life as an EHM; and as a writer who, in telling the real-life story about his extraordinary dealings as an EHM, has exposed the world of international intrigue and corruption that is turning the American republic into a global empire despised by increasing numbers of people around the planet. Then came September 11, 2001. The terrible events of that day convinced John to drop the veil of secrecy around his life as an EHM, to ignore the threats and bribes, and to write Confessions of an Economic Hit Man. He believed he had a responsibility to share his insider knowledge about the role the U.S. government, multinational “aid” organizations, and corporations have played in bringing the world to a place where such an event could occur. His newest book, Hoodwinked: An Economic Hit Man Reveals Why the World Financial Markets IMPLODED-and What We Need to Do to Remake Them. Previous books by John Perkins include The Secret History of the American Empire, Shapeshifting, The World Is As You Dream It, Psychonavigation, The Stress-Free Habit, and Spirit of the Shuar. John Says: “We have entered one of the most important periods in human history, the Time of Prophecies. We have the opportunity to lift ourselves to new levels of consciousness. This time was foretold over the past centuries by cultures around the world. Now it is up to us -you and me- to make it happen.” In this interview, John shares his insider information regarding the current state of the world. Topics Discussed: Hoodwinked, economic problems in the world, Iceland, Ireland, corporate structures, corporate globalization, politics, oil, resources, Milton Friedman, usury, debt, public/private partnership, Goldman Sachs, Repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act 1999, regulation, consciousness, change, conspiracy, NSA, healthcare system, Egypt, The World Bank, China, nepotism, mortgages, IMF and more.